Outlook-style calendars are available for individuals but it is the corporate/group/activity integration that opens up event management and selective communication.
In addition calendar-entry generation is available not only by direct entry but as a bi-product of a noting/email procedure without having to open a calendar. An example is NCR (non-conformance report) management which can be used with or without a calendar but not, effectively, without noting; calendar-entry-create is a check-box select from Post note or email message in relation to an NCR.
Typical corporate events suitable for calendars are:
- Leave schedules
- Promotional activities
- Financial reporting and audit requirements
- NCRs as mentioned
- Booking use of assets/facilities
- Branch-based event communication managed by the branch
- Company-wide event communication
- Corporate projects/activities and time management (use of)
User-group support means group calendar entries can:
- Be seen just by those who have access to the calendar
- By those who are members of the group where the entries display in their personal calendar
- Elective entries where the user has elected to receive or not receive
Event communication extends with the ability to assign groups and/or individuals to a calendar event and emailing all assignees from the event.