A trigger event is a system transaction that alerts us to a pre-defined situation. For example
- A purchase order delivery but one or more lines are not delivered. The receipt of goods on a purchase order triggers a non-delivered-goods event if some goods
- are not delivered. Action: Send an email to the designated employees. Contact the customer.
- The first time a customer buys in a product group. The sales order/invoice is the trigger event. Send an email to the designated employees
- Inform the sales rep
- Inform marketing department for customer follow up
- Distribute safety documentation with hazardous products
If an event does not occur then there is no trigger to initiate a communication. These occurrences are managed by a manual procedure: manually initiated Review